All living things need water to survive, regardless of whether they get it from a fountain, a rain cloud, or a small container attached to a hamster cage.
Without water, our body cannot function at its best. More than half of our body’s weight is made up of water, and a person cannot survive without water for more than a few days.
Why? Because, your body needs water in order to carry out many of the functions it performs. For example, your blood, which contains a lot of water, carries oxygen to all the cells in your body. Without oxygen, all those tiny cells would die and your body would stop working.
Water helps keep our body temperature stable. You also need water to digest food and to remove waste products. Water is necessary for digestive juices, urine, and feces. And don’t doubt that water is the main component of perspiration, which is also called sweat.
Many people mention that it is very difficult for them to drink 8 glasses of water a day, well start with less.
A trick can be: Start by taking 5 and increase with time, you can add fruits such as diced strawberries, orange or cucumber slices, herbs such as mint, to give a little flavor. Each cell that makes up the human body requires water in order to live and complete its functions. Therefore, maintaining an adequate level of hydration is extremely important for each of the most basic functions that people have. By hydration can be understood the action of absorbing liquids by various means, in a continuous and permanent way.
A person is capable of losing fluid just by breathing, even when at rest. The organs are always consuming the fluid found in the tissues. And when this level is low is when people have a feeling of being thirsty. The consumption of fluids by the body does not stop, not even when we sleep, therefore, the supply of fluids to replenish reserves, must be just as continuous.
5 benefits of staying hydrated
1. It facilitates the oxygenation of brain cells and allows the brain to remain active to carry out all its actions.
2. It is of utmost importance in the digestion of food. When the body is dehydrated, this results in a situation of constipation.
3. Adequate hydration is necessary for the proper functioning of the kidneys, they control the body’s water level. They are responsible for stabilizing the levels of sodium, potassium and other electrolytes, with the regulation of urine.
4. It acts as a lubricant in the muscular structure and in the structure of the joints. It is essential so that they can carry out their functions properly, avoid inflammation and pain.
5. Drinking plenty of water and healthy fluids helps keep body tissues moisturized, helps preserve skin flexibility, smoothness, and proper color.
Finally, it supports the improvement of the main concerns we have about our health. You can increase only half a glass per day until you are able to establish the habit. Start creating this healthy habit in your life today.