Superfoods are ingredients that, although it may sound like a super exclusive concept, they are simple vegetables, fruits or grains that are within our reach.
In the last few years, superfoods have flooded supermarkets. These are called superfoods because of their high nutritional value and the health benefits they bring.
What are superfoods?
Superfoods are foods with a high nutritional value, high in antioxidants, healthy fats and/or vitamins.
These ingredients are very beneficial to our diet, since together with other foods, they help provide our body with all the nutrients it needs.
We have chosen 5 very interesting foods that you should include in your diet.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in nutrients, like vitamins A and B, choline, selenium, iron and phosphorus. Besides, they are packed with good quality proteins.
- Garlic: Garlic is a balanced addition of micronutrients, as well as sulfur compounds and other chemical substances that give it the medical properties that make it so popular.
- Lemon: Lemon contains a large amount of Vitamin C, as well as minerals like selenium, iron, magnesium and potassium.
- Onion: Onions are frequently recommended for many mild disorders. It is very useful to prevent and cure common colds, and when it comes to allergies.
- Apple: Apples are great allies against hypertension and the stomach flu, and its fiber has beneficial effects on the digestive system.
We hope this article helped bring some light to the real definition of superfoods, and that this small list shows you that superfoods are really within everyone’s reach and you can introduce them into your diet on your next visit to the supermarket. In addition, to achieve a balanced and optimal diet you can consider supplementing your diet with a complete multivitamin such as the Super High Potency that Dr. Rigo recommends.
You can call us at 1-800-299-7917 to make a virtual appointment with Doctor Rigoberto Perez Diaz, or visit our website www.salud.bz, we will gladly assist you. Remember to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and do not forget to tune into our daily program SALUD TV.