Everything in excess hurts, we know that. But do you know what happens when we consume excess salt? It causes the arteries, which carry blood through the body, to lose elasticity and become stiffer, making it difficult for the heart and kidneys to work. High blood pressure itself is the cause of hypertensive crises, which cause up to 5% of deaths from cardiovascular diseases.
It is very important to reduce salt intake, as it can cause health damage. Making a few small changes in your habits, such as not bringing salt to the table, can help you achieve this. Therefore, we leave you here some ways to reduce the use of salt in your meals.
If we exceed the sodium limit allowed per day, the kidneys are the first to be affected, since, according to the aforementioned, they are responsible for regulating fluids and guaranteeing optimal blood flow. In this way, its malfunction can lead to high blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes.
- Avoid bringing salt to the table.
- If you are adding other seasonings, do not add salt.
- Use more raw vegetables and fruits in your meals.
- Try the natural flavor, without salt, of the food, in a short time you will get used to it.
- Avoid processed products.
- Choose «low sodium» products
We know that this can be a bit difficult to achieve, but applying the tips little by little to reduce your salt intake.