Many claim that taking a cold shower every day can have health benefits. It is clear that cold water, when in contact with the skin, is a shock to the body: the body reacts by triggering a massive response to stress, which causes the heart rate to rise, blood circulation increases and adrenaline is released.
Our grandmothers always talked about cold showers and the benefits they represented, these statements come from centuries ago. Here are the most important:
1. Improves the immune system. Freezing showers contract the entire body, notably improving the lymphatic system, which is responsible for fighting infections.
2. Better circulation. Cold water increases heart rate and flexes the muscles, which fill with blood, as well as the vital organs. All this notably improves circulation.
3. They improve your emotional state. Cold showers release chemicals in the brain that improve mood, decrease anxiety and stress, and are a good remedy to help control
depression. They also improve the ability to increase the quality of sleep.
4. Improves the appearance of the dermis. Hot water opens your pores and cold water closes them, which improves the appearance of the dermis.
5. Increased energy. You can perceive a considerable increase in energy levels after the skin endings are activated.
6. Improve your hair. As in the skin, hot water opens your pores and cold water closes them, the same happens with the scalp and hair, cold water also increases shine and prevents hair loss.
7. Increases metabolism. Cold showers increase metabolism and consume a lot of calories as the body tries to maintain its body temperature.
Contact with cold water has multiple advantages for our body. Some of these benefits can be observed directly after sporadic contact with cold water, but other benefits will be less visible unless there is a habit or some regularity. Also, if you put your mind to it, it can be fun.