Here’s a healthy menu to indulge yourself without feeling guilty this Valentine’s Day!
Reading time: 4 minutes.
Starter: Cucumber and shrimp roll.
- 1 cucumber
- 500g. small shrimp
- 1 cheese spread (preferably choose a low-fat option).
- Small wooden skewers
- Peel the cucumber and cut slices lengthwise of about 3 to 5 mm.
- Once the slices are cut, spread the cheese all over the surface.
- Add a shrimp every 5 cm and then roll everything up.
- Plant a skewer on each side to support the roll.
First course: Salad with honey-ginger sauce
- Baby lettuce leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Goat cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger
- 1 lemon or lime
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Flax seeds, chia seeds, etc. (optional)
- Wash the lettuce and tomatoes and gently drain.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the skin without damaging it, then cut the avocado into thin slices lengthwise and season with lemon to prevent it from turning black.
- Place the salad on a plate and add the halved cherry tomatoes and the avocado.
- In a bowl, prepare the dressing with 4 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon mustard, 1 tablespoon honey and 1 teaspoon ground ginger.
- Fry the goat cheese in the pan or in the oven.
- Add seasoning, goat cheese and seeds.
Main course: Salmon fillet with tomato and pesto.
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Pine nuts
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- Salt and pepper
- Green beans (side dish)
- Heat in a saucepan 300ml of water, 250ml of white wine, thyme, chopped carrot and onion, garlic, salt and pepper until boiling.
- Once boiling, remove the pan from the heat and add the salmon fillets. Then leave them for about ten minutes and remove them from the water.
- In a blender, chop the basil with the olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan.
- Toast the pine nuts in an ungreased frying pan for 2 minutes.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them into thin slices about 2 mm thick, then brown them in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and 1 clove of garlic.
- Finally, brown the green beans in a frying pan.
- Dress your plate starting with a sprinkling of pesto, the salmon fillet, the pine nuts and the green beans on the side.
Dessert: Low calorie chocolate heart
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 100 g applesauce
- 30 g chocolate chips
- 20 g coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 eggs
- 50 g chestnut flour
- 1 jar of non-fat yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Melt the chocolate, stirring gently until it’s smooth.
- Beat the eggs, add the chocolate, the compote, the agave syrup, the yogurt and mix well.
- Add the flour and stir until smooth.
- Prepare your muffin pans, and with a brush apply a little oil or butter.
- Pour the preparation into the molds and then add some chocolate chips and coconut shavings.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180°C.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
A classic muffin contains about 500 calories… This one only contains about 150! No need to feel guilty, indulge yourself and enjoy your Valentine’s dinner.