Modern life has led us to spend a lot of time in front of the screen of our computers, cell phones and other electronic devices. Especially now that, during social isolation, they are the best way to stay connected.
Staring at the same thing for extended periods of time, in addition to the lights coming out of your screen, can cause your visión to get strained and tired.
Here are some exercises that can help you rest your eyes, and improve eye strain symptoms.
Focus near and far: This exercise should be done while sitting down
- Holding your thumb about 10 inches away from your face, focus on it for 15 seconds.
- Then, focus your sight on an object about 10 to 20 feet away, also for 15 seconds.
- Focus on your thumb for another 15 seconds
- Repeat the exercise 5 times.
Change in focus: This second exercise should also be done while sitting down.
- Hold your pointer finger a few inches away from your eye.
- Focus on that finger.
- While holding your focus, start moving the finger away from your face.
- Look into the distance for a moment.
- While focusing on the finger again, start bringing it back, closer to the face.
- Focus on something far into the distance.
- Repeat the exercise three times.
Figure eight: Just like the other two exercises, this one should be done while sitting down.
- Focus on a point on the floor, about 10 feet away from you.
- Trace an imaginary figure 8 with your eyes for about thirty seconds.
- Switch directions, tracing the 8 backward for another thirty seconds.
Have in mind that these exercises are only for eye strain, and they might make your eyes feel better, but they will not improve your vision.
You can call us at 1-800-299-7917 to make a virtual appointment with Doctor Rigoberto Perez Diaz, or visit our website www.salud.bz, we will gladly assist you. Remember to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and do not forget to tune into our daily program SALUD TV.