5 Ways to Keep Your Testosterone at the Peak
Testosterone levels typically peak during adolescence and early adulthood. Over the years, the level of testosterone progressively decreases, usually around 1% a year after the age of 30 or 40.
What is testosterone?
Testosterone is a hormone produced mainly in the testicles. In men, testosterone helps maintain:
- Bone density
- Fat distribution
- Muscle mass and strength
- Facial and body hair
- Red blood cell production
- The sex drive
- Sperm production
These are some of the symptoms of decreased testosterone levels in men
- Changes in sexual function: could include reduced sex drive, fewer spontaneous erections
- Physical changes: increased body fat, decreased muscle volume and strength, and decreased bone density.
- Emotional changes: can contribute to a decrease in motivation or self-confidence.
To diagnose low testosterone levels, a blood test is used.
In order for testosterone to remain in balanced levels in men, there are several natural measures that can be used. These are the 4 most important:
1. Exercise and weight lifting
Exercise is one of the most effective ways to prevent many lifestyle-related diseases, it can also help increase testosterone. Our active clients maintain higher testosterone levels. Physical activity also helps control stress and high cortisol levels, both of which can negatively affect your testosterone levels.
2. Eat protein, fat, and carbohydrates
Eating enough protein can help maintain healthy levels and aid in fat loss, which is also associated with your testosterone. A diet based primarily on whole foods is best, with a healthy balance of fat, protein, and carbohydrates. This can optimize both hormone levels and long-term health.
3. Make sure you get 6 to 8 hours of sleep, depending on your age.
Getting a good night’s sleep is just as important to your health as diet and exercise. Dr. Rigo suggests that getting 7-9 hours of sleep a night is best for long-term health and testosterone, for people ages 26-64.
4. Give Your Body the Optimal Amount of Vitamins and Minerals
Knowing the needs of gentlemen, Dr. Rigo created the Rigoton, Gallito and Titulus formulas that when combined form the perfect supplement for men. With the necessary daily units of zinc, vitamins A, B, C, D, E that contribute to the optimal functioning and maintenance of the male body. Supporting, in this way, the maintenance of testosterone levels.