Washing your hands is an essential practice to prevent the spreading of viral infections. However, the virus COVID-19 has reached pandemic levels because it is highly contagious, and there are more serious measures that need to be taken in order to prevent getting infected.
Today, we bring you a list of steps you can take to reduce the risk of infection as much as possible.
- Practice social distancing. The best way to avoid contracting Coronavirus is to not expose yourself. The virus has reached the pandemic state, and it takes a while for the symptoms to begin showing. It is possible to contract the virus even before and after the symptoms are noticeable. It is best to avoid social contact as much as possible.
- Avoid touching surfaces that are not disinfected. The virus does not spread only by having direct contact with someone who already has it, it also survives for extended periods of time on different surfaces. Touching surfaces that have been touched by many people, like supermarket shelves, or any surface in public transportation increases your chances of getting infected.
- Wear gloves, masks and glasses. If it is extremely necessary to leave your house, make sure to cover your hands, mouth and eyes properly, since besides spreading through the air, it can spread through the eyes and survive on the skin for an extended period of time.
- Wash your hands well. As we said before, although washing your hands is not the only measure you can take, it is important that you wash your hands consciously for at least 20 seconds every time you get home, or find it necessary.
- Make sure to prevent before having to cure, by taking care of your immune system. Eat as balanced as you can, and include foods that have zinc, like spinach. You can take our Super High Potency to supplement your diet. It is also important that you rest enough to protect your nervous system, and that you exercise daily, even if all you can do inside your home or apartment is to walk nonstop for 15 to 20 minutes. If anxiety or a reduction in physical activity are causing you trouble to sleep, you can take Titulus Somno every night before bed.
- Avoid hospitals. Although we have already talked about social distancing, it is normal for people to want to run to the hospital when they start feeling some of the symptoms of COVID-19. However, there is no identified cure for it, and going to the hospital only to confirm your symptoms exposes you and the hospital personnel to a higher risk of contracting the virus, since many people go in and out, and it is not possible to know if people have been exposed until they start showing symptoms.
A good rule of thumb is to avoid social contact as much as possible, and practice extreme hygiene measures.
You can call us at 1-800-299-7917 to make a virtual appointment with Doctor Rigoberto Perez Diaz, or visit our website www.salud.bz, we will gladly assist you. Remember to follow us on Facebook and Instagram and do not forget to tune into our daily program SALUD TV.